Sunday, November 18, 2007

Done!

The koolhaas hat is all done! It was a very quick knit. Here's DH wearing it.





















I used Lion Brand's Wool-Ease, I figured it was a good yarn for a test knit and easy to care for if I give it as a gift...which hasn't been decided yet. He really liked it! I used 2 oz of a yarn in Forest Green Heather (about 132 yds).

Let's see, what else? It was knitted on 2 8US circulars. I forgot to change needle sizes for the ribbing and messed up the pattern, you can actually see it in the picture, but it looks as part of the hat. I did 4 pattern repeats and decided to decrease to 6 stitches before closing the top. Oh! and the best part? I didn't use a cable needle! I followed this tutorial.

I was planning on making one for DH in Misti Alpaca Suri/Silk that I got on sale, but now I'm not sure I got enough yarn. I'll definitely knit another one in a different yarn.

2 comments:

jazibe said...

super speedy knitting!
looks great!

Anonymous said...

esta chido, y mira que tejer para esa cabezota.

les mandamos un fuerte abrazo aqui los esperamos en diciembre