Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Raviolis and knitting

I have been wanting to make raviolis for a very long time. Today happens to be the day that I got tired of looking at a container of roasted butternut squash in the refrigerator (half of it became a really good soup, the other half was just sitting there for 2 weeks).

Inspired by this post, I decided to give it a try. Even though I have a pasta machine (which I got for $8 at a thrift store!), I found it very tricky to roll, fill and fold the little raviolis. I blame the dough, at first it was too dry and then too wet :-( Anyway, I made the raviolis , but not the sauce. They're in the freezer, along with 1/4 of the roasted butternut squash, I think it still be good, right?




















I started my FIL socks last night. This are my 3rd pair, toe-up, on 2 circs. They're a little thick, but that's OK, they're winter socks. I'm using Moda Dea washable wool on US5 needles.

















I really want to knit my family Christmas gifts, I know, I've been down that road before, but this time I really have an excuse, having a baby is expensive! and I was sorting my stash and realized that I have way too much yarn. I'll check Ravelry to see if I can find something quick & easy that looks like it took a lot of time to make ;-)

No comments: