Friday, September 07, 2007

Still not knitting



I'm still not knitting, so I decided to dye some yarn that I had. I've been meaning to do this for months! So I started with some small samples of the yarns I had for dyeing and some Kool-aid, then I moved to some Jacquard Acid dyes that I bought last year. I basically followed the instructions on the web site, but combined several colors (vermillion, fiery red, burgandy and burnt orange). I liked the end results, next time I'll tied the skeins a little bit looser to avoid "white-spots". Most of the yarn came from thrift-store sweaters and will probably become various felted christmas presents for my family, but there was a bunch of yarn that my husband bought me in Germany and for that I have great plans...I just need to give my finger a little more rest, but I'm prepared!




















I got a XXL man's sweater (J. Crew 100% wool) at the thrift store to keep myself busy for another week (in case you're wondering, I'm going to recycle the yarn and probably make something else) I love cheap yarn!

2 comments:

jazibe said...

great color on the yarn! rest that finger, girl! (so no nose pickin'! hehe)

Batty said...

Fabulous dye job! And cheap yarn is the best. Stash enhancement without the guilt!