Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Before I leave...

I'm supposed to be packing, but instead I want to post my latest FO's. This are my first -completely-done-for-me items and I'm OK with how they turned out.

Se supone que debo de estar empacando, pero en vez de eso voy a mostrarles mis dos ultimos projectos terminados.

~This is the Sleeveless Top from the cover of VK Spring/Summer 2004





















I used 7 balls of Classic Elite Bam Boo in Flamingo. I started around March (I think), at first it went pretty fast, but then I run out of yarn and had to order an extra ball from WEBS and I lost momentum and didn't get finished until today. I had forgotten how soft the yarn was! that almost makes me forget how much it splits.

Use 7 madejas de estambre de bamboo (muy suavecito!). Este projecto lo empece por ahi de Marzo y tuve que dejarlo imcompleto porque se me acabo el estambre y de aqui a que lo mande pedir y me llego por correo, ya habia perdido el vuelo.

Mods? Besides the yarn I think I made the front a little bit shorter so I wouldn't be as low cut and I did a 3-needle bind-off instead of grafting the shoulders to give it a little more stability. I made some mistakes with the increases and decreases in the back, but overall I like how it turned out and I'm glad this is out of the "Basket of shame".

El patron no lo segui tan a la letra, modifique el estambre, lo hice un poco mas corto del frente (para que no fuera tan escotado) y en vez de hacer el punto Kitchener en los hombros, desmonte usando 3 agujas. Me equivoque en la parte de atras, pero con todo y eso me gusto el producto final y me alegro de que ya por fin este terminado.

~Short-sleeve lacy Cardigan from VK Spring/Summer 2007





















another picture...




















This is my second attempt at set-in sleeves (the first one is still unfinished) and I didn't like them! I think I could have done better, but I just wanted it to be over with. It's a little short for my taste and I like it better unbuttoned. This was my "moving" project, I cast-on as we left El Paso, Tx and casted off about a week ago, pretty fast for my standards!

Este suetercito me dio muchos dolores de cabeza! empezando con las mangas estilo "set-in", no me gusto mucho como quedaron, a lo mejor algun dia lo descoso y las vuelvo a hacer. Tambien quedo un poco mas corto de lo que yo esperaba y me gusta mas como se ve abierto que cerrado.
Este projecto lo empece cuando veniamos en camino de El Paso y lo acabe hace apenas una semana.

This was knitted in Omega Sinfonia 100% cotton. I used almost 6 balls of yarn using 2 strands held together. I had a little accident while blocking it... I had made sure to use a colander to wet the piece for blocking, but somehow it still made contact with the bathroom fixtures and it stained the back a little.
Use estambre Omega Sinfonia 100% algodon, casi 6 madejas usando 2 al mismo tiempo. Mientras hormaba el sueter tuve un pequeño accidente...al parecer al mojarlo en el baño se mancho con cloro o limpiador y la parte de atras se mancho.
















I don't know what to do about them. Should I use a permanent marker in a similar color or
just leave them be? Besides the stains, in this picture you can see my un-even stitches and the mistake I made while picking up stitches from the back.

Next time I'll knit something from the top down in a more forgiving yarn...that's what I learned.

No se que hacer, las cubro con un marcador permanente o las dejo asi? ustedes que piensan? Ademas de las manchas en la foto pueden ver que las puntadas estan un poco chuecas y que me equivoque en el cuello...moraleja, la proxima vez voy a tejer un sueter de arriba hacia abajo y en algun estambre mas elastico.

Next post will be from Juarez, Yey!


Nos vemos en Juarez!

5 comments:

Thea said...

both look great! enjoy them...

jazibe said...

dont be so critical, they're great (but i guess that this coming from a non-knitter like myself doesnt mean much...) Te ves muy bonita! y que bueno que estas tejieno para ti!

Knittypants said...

Lovely tops, that little green sweater is on my list for one day :-)

Batty said...

Lovely tops! Bamboo splits like the dickens, but it's very pleasant to wear. It breathes even better than cotton, IMHO. And that green sweater... I have to knit that. I just have to.

Now, good luck with packing, and have a great time!

knottygnome said...

they are both really pretty. i love the pink one (and i happen to have that pattern too...hmm)